FLATHEAD LAKE CHERRY GROWERS, INC.
MINUTES – REGULAR MEETING OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, March 15, 2023 – 7 p.m.
Directors present: Bruce Johnson, Ward Marshall, Rod McRae, Brian Peterson, Mark St. Sauver
Absent: Mike Bonner, Henry Hooker, Mitch Jones, John Nasgovitz
Meeting recorded by Barbara Hammons
Meeting held at Hammons’ residence
Rod called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Minutes for the meeting held February 15, 2023, were approved.
Checking account balance as of 3/11/23: $102,033.29
WFCU balances: Regular account $5,700.23
TT security deposit $5,323.90
Budget for 2023 to be determined at next meeting.
Discussion followed on moving some funds into an interest-bearing CD. Ward offered to look into an appropriate CD for around $20,000. Directors agreed this could be done before the next meeting.
Rod – Red Lodge Ales agreement has been signed. Rod assured the directors that even if we had an unusually large crop, Rod Lodge would be in a position to take all the culls. They are set up to handle 25,000 lbs a day and 300,000 lbs of culls would not be a problem. In any case, Monson is prepared to take any overage at 10 cents a pound. Red Lodge will pay .25 this year and they understand the price is likely to go up next year.
Rod – painting of warehouse by Fisher Painting LLC. Most of the inside will be painted including the cold room. Temperature has to be 50 degrees or better for the painter to start. Might be June for the project or sooner if heaters are brought in.
Rod – removing the hydocooler equipment; adding a water tank. Rod is waiting for a callback from Bryan Zimmerman on the removal project and a cost estimate. Pacific Steel is interested in taking all the metal.
Adding the water tank and replumbing will run around $4,000. Upon motion duly made by Mark St. Sauver, seconded by Ward Marshall, and unanimously approved, the directors agreed that Rod should move forward with the purchase and plumbing of the water tank as discussed.
Rod brought up replacing being the cherry delivery door as a future project. It will cost around $6000.
Ward Marshall – PMA Resolution update – Ward has had difficulty reaching James Raymond for an update and comment on the material Ward presented in answer to the commissioners’ questions. Ward will continue his efforts to contact Mr. Raymond; Rod offered to follow up with a contact he has among the commissioners.
Spring Meeting – tentative agenda discussed. Brian Campbell will be the emcee. The agenda draft was approved as presented with the addition of an update by Ward on the PMA situation and pending resolution. Henry Hooker offered 4 or 5 door prizes for the meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 7:52 p.m.
Next meeting will be April 19.